- Effective digital search strip width: 70 meters
- Digital receiving range: 70 meters
- Extended search range: extended receiving bandwidth (analog): up to 95 m; Extended search strip width (analog): 100 m
- Circular receiving field: almost identical receiving range for X and Y antennas
- Compatible with lithium batteries (for battery life of 300 hours in SEND)
- Display: display with background lighting, very easy to read even when wearing polarized glasses
- Acoustic search guidance – A tone guides you in the directon of the buried subject and allows you to concentrate visually on the avalanche field during the search.
- Reverse direction function to avoid 180-degree search errors
- Group Check function quickly and easily checks the transmission frequency and level of devices to ensure optimal functionality.
- Intuitive visual interface provides detailed guidance through all search phases and an overview of multiple burial situations.
- Design: ergonomic, impact-proof and break-proof. Can be operated while wearing gloves
- Self-Test function checks that the device is transmitting and searching correctly on startup and provides ongoing send and battery test.
- Only intelligent fine search guidance on the market – The most advanced method to locate buried victims, offering unparalleled support and direct guidance throughout the most critical and stressful phase of the rescue operation.
- Buried subjects can be selected from a list, marked and unmarked in the event of a multiple burial situations.
- Buried subjects can be selected from a list, marked (MARK) and unmarked (UNMARK)
- Automatic switching from send to search (Auto Revert): if a rescuer does not move for 4 minutes, we assume a secondary avalanche and the device switches to SEND mode (motion-sensor controlled)
- Rescue-SEND – Protective function for non-searching rescuers. In the event of a secondary avalanche it automatically switches to SEND to allow the rescuer to be located.
- Auto guidance: device continues to guide the rescuer to the buried subject in the event of signal failures or overlaps
- Alternative search mode (analog mode) helps in resolving demanding search scenarios
- Personalization: start screen and user texts (for example, owner information) can be personalized
- Includes Barryvox® carrying system with SafeLock which prevents accidental activation of search mode
- W-Link: Additional communication channel for improved search performance
- Manage the device fleet via W-Link
- Updatable software
- Operating temperature: -25° to +45° Celsius (-13° to +113° Fahrenheit)
- Vital data – Information about vital data and burial time is displayed in SEND mode for first responders.
- Pro-Search Setting – The combination of a digital direction and distance indicator with an analog tone in standard search mode, and allows access to the Alternative Search Mode.
Barryvox S - USA/Canada/NZ, one size
Faster and smarter
The legendary Barryvox® S combines formidable search power with unparalleled intuitive handling, for a device that helps you make smart decisions fast, even in the most demanding circumstances.
From an easy-to-read display, to buttons that can be operated even while wearing gloves, shock-proof and break-proof housing, intuitive acoustic search guidance and a revolutionarily simple visual interface, the Barryvox® S shows that powerful performance doesn’t need to be complicated.
The 2.2-inch fully graphic display shows the distance, direction and number of targets. This intuitive interface guides you quickly and reliably from the signal search through the coarse and fine search to the buried subject.
High-end transceiver with animated search guide
Digital/analog combo device with 3 antennas
Digital 3-antenna device
Analog search strip width
Analog search strip width
Powerful search performance can save lives in the backcountry, which is why we insist on serious power from our transceivers. Larger ranges mean that buried transmitters are detected faster, search paths over the avalanche are shorter and rescue times are reduced. With a search strip width of 70 meters (in digital mode) the Barryvox® S is one of the most powerful transceivers on the market.
The Smart Search function reacts to rescuers movements in during the fine search, continually guiding them to their target and correcting the direction via interactive and intuitive graphics. This groundbreaking feature helps rescuers find their target faster and makes the Barryvox® S one of the most intuitive devices on the market.
WHEN TIME IS YOUR ENEMY, FAST IS YOUR FRIEND